Did You Really Think
I am such a softie.Most people pray for world peace, I use to pray that God would make me a Bitch so I would not care about hurting people's feelings because they were always hurting mine. Well it is obivious to say he answered my prayer and the answer was something like this. "You are who I need you to be, filled with compassion,understanding,quickly to forgive, and love".
Most people think it is an act when I say " what are you talking about", Can you explain that to me", and they hate when I really don't know when I have offended them. Ignorance is no excuse of the law, but in my case living a sheltered life is. I never knew who Flava Flav was until 2000 , heck I just watched Sanford and Son the last two years. These shows are new to me and the jokes that come with them.
I am usually quiet, observing and taking in things that I've never heard of. I am not scheming when I am quiet,I don't speak on things I don't know about. There are days when I will have my "duh" moments. Like when I asked someone what Ramen noodles were, when I asked someone what a choke sandwich was, or when I heard someone say nagga for the first time. I am educated but dumb as hell when it comes to slang, ebonics,and street sense.
I'm a country girl so why you were playing nintendo, I was out doing barn work. While you were listening to the newest Hip Hop song, and watching shows on cable; I was watching three channels and one of those was french. Parts of Canada did not get cable until 8-10 years ago.I am now enjoying all the old shows that you all watched years and years ago and trying to catch up.
Am I complaining, No. I am glad I'm not as jaded as most people. I am glad I still gave a sincere,giving,loving,kind heart. So again I say to you when I do something that may seem weird to you, I am probably just learning about it. Also if I offend you please pull me to the side and let me know, because 9 times out of 10 I will not know what I did to offend you.
So please be patient with me because I am learning!!!
If there are spellig errors I m sorry I never spelled checked this
About Me
- DoesItMatter
- I am a country girl, loves my family, hunting and being outdoors. I am versatile and easy to get along with but will say no when I need
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment