But I have built a house of inhabitation for thee, and a place for the dwelling forever....2 Chronicles 6:2
As children we all played games, where a child was left out and not as popular as the other kids, and left out of the activity...Some of us felt sorry for that child, some of us was just glad it wasn't us, and still some of us had the experience as being that kid....
Unfortunately, many in their adult lives suffer from that same painful sense of not belonging...We feel as if we're the proverbial square peg in a round hole....We may be on the fringes or disconnected and hanging out in the doorway, while everyone else is inside and making connections and having fun...
Over and over, we try to fit in, be part of the team or to contribute something significant....We often lose ourselves and the sense of who we are, as we continually attempt to haev others take us seriously...or we just give up...Consequently, we get hurt, depressed, angry, because no one notices what big bright shining lights we really are....
Let's not forget that we're valuable assests to God...We can become depressed when we feel left out of life, or we can take God at his word once again...In my Father's house there is a place for everyone...There are no misfits there...The Lord has secured a place for you in his Kingdom, for eternity, and He will help you find the right place for you to shine on earth....
When I was a little girl my mother had given me a golden ruler with the Golden rule written on it.."Do unto others as you would have them do onto you"...I loved that ruler (lol), I thought I was special because my brothers did not get one...It was pretty and I carried it every where I went, but I never really understood what it meant....Even at a young age I thought it was impossible to treat others the way you wished they would treat you, particurlarly when they where ill-willed...
I'm older now....However I am just beginning to realize, that with a little help from above, it's possible to apply that golden rule to your life...We have all been in situtaions where the last thing we want to do is treat someone with respect,and love especially when they have shown a total disregard for your feelings that caused pain....After a few incidents with the same person it is hard to see them as anything but a child of God it is not an easy task...
Jesus established the great commandments thousands of years ago, and it still remains a great commandment...And only by showing love to our neighbours in seemingly situations do we overcome...It is easy to love those who build us up and love us back....We show focus on loving those who seem to appear to make our lives more difficult...
My challenge for you today as well as myself is to pick one person you are not getting along with....Lift them up in prayer all week, and treat them like you wish they would treat you....Watch God work small miracles....
About Me
- DoesItMatter
- I am a country girl, loves my family, hunting and being outdoors. I am versatile and easy to get along with but will say no when I need
Monday, July 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment