About Me

I am a country girl, loves my family, hunting and being outdoors. I am versatile and easy to get along with but will say no when I need

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

When Praying Scares Folks...Lmaooo

I just had a conversation with someone and when telling my story of some of the things I experienced with God. I'm never ashamed to tell folks what God has brought me through.

I know that some of you will not understand or even grasp the whole concept of what I will say but that is ok. We weren't meant to understand everything in life.The topic of the conversation was "Speaking In Tongues"

If "speaking in tongues" is a language betweem the Holy Spirit and God, then why don't other Christians from other denominations or non-denominations speak the same way as Christians of Pentecostal/Charismatic churches?
When I experienced speaking in tongues, it was exhilarating.sometimes I question its validity. It can be scary especially when every member of your immediate family don't experience the same.It's been 27 years and no one in my family has come to my level of faith.
Speaking comes with the title she is "crazy" or a "God Freak". For many years I used to be scared to pray in an assembly,public or with folks because I didn't want to be labeled.

One day while praying I knew I was about to speak in tongues and I tried to hold it in and bit my tongue and needed stitches. I got it when God needs me to speak I speak. From that day on I have been praying ever since.

Speaking in tongues is a spiritual gift and spiritual gifts are usually given to those who diligently seek them.

We don't all speak the same words, why, because what we have been given is a gift and it is not for us to question the gift, for example I also have the gift of singing in tongues, converting any Spiritual song to tongues, but when I do the words for each song are always the same, but I do not always speak the same language.

You have been given a gift and you should exercise it often as a prayer language. Tongues is a weapon of spiritual warfare and not all are called to be prayer warriors or to minister.

Some folk question the validity of tongues, do you also question the validity of God just because your family exercises it's God given right to worship as they please.

Tongues as a supernatural outpouring and sign to unbelievers (Acts 2:11).
Tongues for the strengthening of the church - requires an interpretation (1 Corinthians 14:27)
Tongues as a private prayer language (Romans 8:26).

In the book of Acts on the Day of Pentecst, Peter witnessed both Jews and Gentiles being filled with the Holy Spirit and speaking in tongues.

No comments:

Post a Comment